5'8 3.0 STUB DRIVER
All new, every day, step-down, performance player, developed with Kolohe Andino. The 3.0_STUB is a direct derivative of the long time developed, but recently released, DRIVER3.0.
A board designed with elite level surfers, looking for the “Ultimate Driving Machine”. Primarily tested in and around the waves of the World Tour (not necessarily the typical 1′-3’ soft slop that most of us suffer through, daily) the DRIVER3.0 still left room at the lower end for higher performance in lesser waves.
Enter the 3.0STUB. A stepped-down and “stubbed”, low end/high performance, smaller wave-ripping machine.
Unlike the Sub-Drivers (our other step-down performance boards) the 3.0_STUB does not use any vee in the tail. Instead it features a continuous rocker/concave combination. This is the primary difference between the two. While noticeably relaxed from DRIVER3.0 rocker, it is still loose and lively, quick and easy to release, under the rear foot. Fitting more effortlessly into small pockets or quick dumpy sections that the SubDrivers. Perfect for small beach break.
The similarities in rocker, bottom contours and outline, maintain a closer feel, when switching between the DRIVER3.0 and 3.0STUB. That was the goal and that is the result.
FEATURES: …When compared to the DRIVER3.0
- Relaxed entry rocker, with a slightly wider nose area.
- Relaxed tail rocker, with a slight hip and wider tail block (but not as wide as the SubDrivers.)
- More width overall, with thickness carried further into the nose and under the rear foot.
- Deeper single and double concave combination, for more lift, with plenty or rail curve, in lesser surf.
- Slightly flatter deck, with soft , forgiving rails.